Other commercial services
In addition to the Plant Clinic, Fera offers a range of further commercial services to support the agricultural and horticultural industry. These services have been developed from our extensive research background in developing novel diagnostic and bioanalytical methods, molecular identification and authenticity, pest and disease surveillance and management, plant and bee health, and innovative pest control strategies.
Services offered include:
- Aphid Monitoring - The Aphid Monitoring service provides information specifically for your field to assess the risk of virus transmission, enabling better targeting of aphicide applications and other crop management interventions
- CropMonitor - The CropMonitor website provides information sourced from monitoring sites located across the country, reporting up-to-date measurements of crop pest and disease activity in arable crops throughout England. CropMonitor is now also available as a Smartphone App
- QPaD - Fera's quarantine plant pest and disease identification Smartphone App, available for iPhone and Android devices
- National Collection of Plant Pathogenic Bacteria (NCPPB) - The NCPPB is an internationally recognised collection, established over 65 years ago, housing virtually all known bacterial plant pathogens. The NCPPB offers culture supply and deposition, identification and specialist training services
- Pyrosequencing - Next generation DNA sequencing, using the Roche GS FLX genome sequencer, which can deliver up to one million DNA sequences per run. Fera uses next generation sequencing in its own research portfolio, including for the diagnosis of unknown disease causing agents, and is able to provide commercial pyrosequencing services
For more information on our research capability, please visit our Research and Science section.
Pocket Diagnostic™ sales to the USA
Pocket Diagnostic™ is a range of easy to use, rapid tests kits for in-field detection of diseases in agricultural and horticultural crops. Fera is licensed to sell Pocket Diagnostic™ products into the USA. Further information is available here. For all other countries, Pocket Diagnostic™ products are sold through the manufacturer, Forsite Diagnostics Ltd.